COPA Cares Bylaws
1. GENERAL NAME: The official name of the organization is the COPA Cares Fund.
2. STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: The organization is organized exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, and/or scientific purposes under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Service.
3. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: The Executive Committee (ExComm) of the COPA Cares Fund shall manage all business/financial matters of the Fund.
a. The ExComm shall be made up from five (5) eligible members from the Central Oklahoma ParrotHead Association. Members of the ExComm shall be appointed by a majority vote of the sitting ExComm.
b. There may also be one Non-voting, advisory member who shall be appointed by the ExComm and hereafter know as Treasurer.
c. The COPA Cares Fund shall have no compensated employees.
d. The current President of the Central Oklahoma ParrotHead Association shall act as the COPA Cares Fund Executive Committee Chairperson and shall be over and above the five (5) other members of the ExComm. The Chairperson shall only vote as a tiebreaker vote.
4. TERMS OF OFFICE: The ExComm of this organization shall serve in their respective positions for a period of two (2) years. All terms of office shall expire on December 31 of the appropriate year.
6. VACANCIES: Should any ExComm position become vacant, for any reason, the remaining ExComm members shall appoint a qualified individual within ninety (90) days after such vacancy occurs to complete the remainder of the term.
7. REMOVAL: Any member of the ExComm may be removed from office for “just cause” including, but not limited to malfeasance, nonfeasance, misfeasance, gross negligence in office, omissions or actions determined by the ExComm to be a detriment to the COPA Cares Fund or for letting their membership in the Central Oklahoma ParrotHead Association expire. In addition:
a. Officers missing three (3) consecutive planned meetings are deemed removed.
b. A written motion for removal will be brought before the entire ExComm by any member of the ExComm, who shall distribute e the motion to the remaining board members for consideration.
c. This motion will be voted upon within seven (7) days of receipt by the ExComm members, unless written dispute or any ExComm member requests clarification. Such request shall be filed within seven (7) days with the remaining ExComm members, who are required to respond in the same time frame. This correspondence shall continue until the matter is resolved and voted upon.
d. A majority of the balance of the ExComm is necessary to conduct business.
8. CHECKS, DEPOSITS AND FUNDS
a. Checks: The ExComm shall designate in writing authorized signatories for The COPA Cares Fund bank accounts as deemed necessary.
b. Deposits: Receipts of the organization shall be deposited in such FDIC bank(s), savings and loans, trust companies, or other depositories as the ExComm may select.
c. Funds: Cash advance requests must be made in writing stating the reason for the expenditure. All other cash advances and purchases must be approved by a majority vote of the ExComm in order to be funded by The COPA Cares Fund. All expenses must be approved prior to reimbursement. Receipts for all expenses, regardless of dollar amount must be provided in order to be considered for reimbursement.
9. GIFTS: The ExComm may accept, on behalf of The COPA Cares Fund, any contribution, gift, bequeath or devise to be used by the Foundation for charitable purposes. All finances/gifts received by the ExComm and or The COPA Cares Fund shall only be used for or distributed to charities/individual causes as supported by this Fund and as identified by the Central Oklahoma ParrotHead Association.
10. FISCAL YEAR: The fiscal year for The COPA Cares Fund shall begin on January 1 and end on December 31.
11. QUORUM: Four (4) of five (5) members of the ExComm is necessary for a quorum to conduct any business for The COPA Cares Fund. In the Chairpersons absents, the Chairperson shall appoint one of the attending ExComm members to act on their behalf as Chairperson.
12. AMENDMENTS: The power to alter, amend, or repeal the Bylaws or adopt new Bylaws shall be vested in the ExComm. Such actions may be taken at regular or special meetings, or by written submission to the ExComm. A simple majority of the ExComm is required to pass any amendment to these Bylaws.
13. If for any reason the COPA Cares Fund is dissolved, all assets will divided up equally and donated to the charities that have been designated for the COPA Cares Fund. The ExComm must ensure all existing accounts the COPA Cares Fund may have must also be closed and all funds divided up equally and donated to the charities that have been designated by the COPA Cares Fund ExComm.
14. ADOPTION OF BY-LAWS
a. These By-Laws are effect 9 November 2009.
b. Amendments: 1 March 2010.